Highlights of the year and what to expect for 2023
As we approach the end of another year, it is time to look back at all that we have achieved and the many families we have helped. This is a particularly special year as we celebrated our 5th anniversary!
This year also saw us escape the Covid lockdown and the tough impact the pandemic had on us and everyone we serve. We are so grateful to still be here 2.5 years later. It has also been a pleasure to be able to re-open to the local community and over the year we have welcomed the Primary School children for carol singing and managed to have several live music concerts.
Looking back over the last 12 months we have understandably focused on stability. Focused on the families and individuals we help and ensuring our team have the training and support to do an outstanding job.
- January 1st launched our new brand The Ness Care Group
- Welcoming Jo as our Clinical Lead and a specialist in speech and language
- Renovating and growing our newest Hub in Chudleigh
- Launching new Active Minds CST groups in Totnes, Torquay and Okehampton.
- Launching the new NHS validated measurement tool FIM & FAM. We are the first organisation in the UK to utilise this clinical measurement system in the whole of the United Kingdom and this allows us to closely track the mental health & cognitive function of every member who attends our service. Truly innovating in the treatment of the disease and proving the beneficial impact of our therapy. We are proud that we are the first dementia specialists to be led by clinical professionals, use therapies that impact the disease and prove this through a validated measurement tool.
- Welcoming 10 new staff to our team.
- Celebrating 5 years open and helping families across Devon!
We are so proud of the thousands of moments we have helped families and individuals across Devon below is some visual data to show this:
There are 3 categories of data all visualised as below example:
- Advice & Training
- The Hub – visits, people helped, CST sessions and lunches
- Home Care – number of hours, number of assessments, number of individual cst
Looking forward to highlights in 2023
- Launching a new and exciting Ness Hub in Exmouth
- Launching new Active Minds groups in Seaton and Tiverton
- Growing our Outreach Team to cover all South & East Devon
- Partnering with Plymouth University and welcoming Nursing and OT students to our Hubs.
- Working with Somerset Foundation Trust on their dementia strategy.